Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How to make real tater chips at home.

Ever tried to make yer own tater chips? Soggy thick nasty right? Well I figured out how to make them perfect. I used a slice machine that I bought fer a dollar around 15 years ago.I sliced my taters right over the hot grease. Let em cook around 3 or 4 minutes and placed em on a sheet pan. I let them cool down for around 5 minutes while I was doing another batch. I removed the second batch to cool and dumped back in the first batch that was cool for around 2 more minutes. That is the secret. The second fry crisps up them tater chip like Lay's tater chips out a bag! And best of all I can control the salt for momma. I took some pictures of the process.









Now don't tell nobody where these are ok? They don't last long around here! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment